Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Love is Money

Tough day for the Chew Bug! Everyone knows how much I love my animals. So when Chewy started limping last night I went into panic mode. Not that I would not have done the same for my kids but they can tell me what is wrong and he can't. Well, six hundred dollars later we now know he has all sorts of dysplaysias. Hip, knee and elbow! My he is so young you say. He is only three how could this be? I have been assured by my vet and wonderful friend Dr. Hamelton that this is what happens when you get a discounted pure breed. I personally thought I was getting a deal at two hundred and fifty dollars when I went to the breeder and picked him up but I should have known to good to be true. Now I would not trade him for anything he is my perfect dog. Now not only does he not produce any tears (which means I spend money monthly on drops and put them in all day long) I now have to buy monthly meds that will run around fifty dollars a month! So, the lesson here is don't buy a discounted pure breed but know that I would sell my home if I needed to in order to make sure he is OK. It is not every day you come across a foster mom for kittens that is 100lbs of furry love!
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment