Friday, April 2, 2010

Bite me in the A**

You know how you think everything your child does is the best.  Like when they sing to you when they are younger and you tell them how awesome it was.  Well that is what I have always done with my Austin and his singing.  To me it was good for a kid and I always encouraged him (not thinking he would actually listen).  Well, tonight he came to me and wanted to sing; however, this time he was very serious about wanting to make a career out of it.  Oh boy!  Being the wonderful mother that I am I said well let me hear what you got.  Apparently because of his groundation he has lots of time on his hands to practice.  So, I sat there while he sang a country song.  WOW, how do you tell your kid to just please stop?  This is when I could use some of Simon's straight forward I don't give a hoot attitude.  So what did you do you ask?  I stopped him in the middle and said "ya know I think you need to learn how to do it without the I-pod helping you".  This was genius because he can't remember the words without it.  I also told him he has to memorize the words before he tries again.  Ya know write them down and study them!  HA!  I'm good because we all know there is no way he is actually gonna write out the songs and STUDY!  Oh I wonder how I do it sometimes.  

No comments:

Post a Comment