Saturday, March 20, 2010

Good old Days

Well the kittens are all fed (still nameless) and sleeping.  The kids and hubby are sleeping so I thought I would write about my day.
First I had the same old battle with Austin about him being grounded for his "D".  Then the funniest thing happened.  What you ask?  Well, we were going through some of my old stuff my mom sent home and found one of my report cards.  See back in 1989 the report cards were typed onto carbon copied papers in blue ink and sent home.  So my son looks at it and says "Boy mom you were a goody goody".  I know all my friends are laughing wondering if it was really my report card.  Yes it was!  The only problem is that me and my slick crew of friends changed our "F"s to "A"s and our "D"s to "B"s with a blue pen.  Now I caught it right away and started laughing but when Austin asked what was so funny I just said "Told you I was a good student". LOL!!!  We had it so easy back then.  Now they use ed-line and the kids don't have access to it so they can't get away with anything!  So yes I still won my argument with the "D"s being unacceptable but in the back of my mind I was thinking "My poor mom had no clue".  I later told my mom and she said she never knew.  We were good!  See I always tell my boys that "I've been there done that worse and ten times better than you ever will so don't even try it".  Oh good times:-)

No comments:

Post a Comment