Thursday, April 15, 2010

Time For The Talk

Get your mind out of the gutter you dirty birds!  Not that talk; that is done once a week to ensure I don't become a Grandma!  Today was the talk about "Credit Cards"!!!  I know my close friends are laughing but I really do know that credit cards are not free money.  This however, has alluded my son Austin.  You all know him better as "The boy who knows everything".  While listening in on my son's conversation, arguments, fights whatever you want to call them I was enlightened to find out that my husband and I can put everything on a credit card and not ever have to spend a dime.  Oh what an awesome concept which I have tried when I was younger but for some funny reason they stopped working?  So during this spy session I learned that credit cards are free money and the store Game Stop no longer accepts CASH!  Now understand the boy who knows everything was being a complete and total A** to his brother while informing him he could not get a new game because he did not have a Game Stop card.  So quite calmly my older son informed the boy who knows everything that he did not need a card because he had cash saved up (I know a very strange concept to me but there is always a rebel in the family).  So then the boy who knows everything told the money saving rebel that Game Stop does not accept cash.  When the money saving rebel tried to argue this point, the boy who knows everything got very ugly!  Well this is where Mom swung the door open and let the boy who knows everything know just how little he really does know.  So for his sheer ugliness I decided to make him spend the day by my side and learn a few things about life hence "THE TALK"!  Now while shopping at BJ's wholesale club I made him keep count of everything we bought and how much everything cost.  During our shopping trip I explained the whole credit card thing and made him fess up about just trying to piss his brother off with the whole "Game Stop doesn't accept cash" thing!  When we checked out I then informed him that I would be using my credit card and that because it is just so easy he would use his allowance to pay the balance.  Wow I never knew how fast he could go when restocking the shelves with all the things he "HAD" to have!  Oh, today was a good day!  

No comments:

Post a Comment