Thursday, April 22, 2010

Report Card Day

Well the day is here and I have to say I think I'm a pretty damn good mom!  So here is how it went down...  I walk into the door at 4pm and Drew comes up to me and says "Does my shirt look good mom?"  I then look up at his shirt and there it is the big "Alonso A Team"!  What does that mean?  Well it means that he got all A's and B's!  I'm very proud of him.  So as he goes to do his homework with a huge smile on his face and I'm smiling from ear to ear ready to start cooking dinner. (Yes I cook on occasion!  I make a very good Hamburger Helper) "Wait, what about Austin and Cody" you ask?  First, Cody goes to The Academies Pepin High school which is a school for kids with disabilities so his report card does not come out until next week.  However, Austin also came home with his today and your not going to believe these words but I promise they are true!  So, as I am putting away the groceries and starting dinner the front door flies open and I hear my name being called.  I yell that I am in the kitchen and he comes flying in.  By the smile on his face I assume he got a "High D" in reading and he is gonna try to sell me on not being grounded.  Oh how wrong I was; he hands me his report card and there in black and white are all "B's and C's"!!!  He brought up his reading and Language Arts grades to a "C"!  I started jumping up and down and told him that I am the proudest mom in the world!  Now for those of you who have been following the whole Austin thing you will be feeling my joy and excitement.  You who are new or just passing through will wonder "What, she is proud of a C"?  You bet I am!  It has been a daily battle trying to get him to bring up his grade!  So there you have it my boys have given me a good day and I could not be happier!  

No comments:

Post a Comment