Sunday, April 4, 2010

A Jewish Girls Easter???

So today is Easter so happy Easter to all my friends.  I however am Jewish so it's not as exciting as Christmas or anything like that.  Yes, I do Christmas we celebrate the season not the reason?  Actually my husband and step children are Catholic so we do everything.  This year however was pretty much a day like all other days of the year.  My boys are too old for Easter baskets so I got them each a bunny and an egg filled with candy.  I did however forget to give it to them until tonight.  I know bad little Jewish girl but whatever I have ALWAYS had an issue remembering to do Easter.  Usually Cody is with his Grandparents and this year was no different.  One year when the boys were about 10 (still believers) I completely forgot and had to send Andrew out at midnight to try and put something together.  Boy was he mad.  Not that he remembered, and this is his holiday!  Anyways, Cody came home today from a week with his Dad (my X-husband).  I'm so glad he is home I really miss him when he is gone for so long.  Now it usually takes a few days for him to get back into the normal routine here at home because when he is there all they do is fun stuff.  I hate that.  My X tries to tell me how to do things with him after he spends a week with  him.  I just usually tell him to shut it because he only spends a week maybe two with him a year and it's not real life.  They always have fun stuff planed when he comes to Florida so no making him do homework, do chores or deal with the sibling thing.  He does not have to wake Cody's cranky butt up every morning and fight him to get ready for school nor does he have to take him, pick him up and take the calls when he gets in trouble!  He is a loving Dad though so I'll give him that.  I'm also getting ready to leave for a Mommy vacation this week and can't wait!  I'll miss my animals (and family) but I can't wait to not have to make dinner, do laundry, wipe the kitchen counters down or anything like that.  

No comments:

Post a Comment