Monday, May 31, 2010

Book Review "Mage In Black" by Jay Wells

Ok, so this is to all my friends that have been bugging me about all the books I read!  Yes, I read paranormal romance fantasy action books that take me away so I don't really run away from all the testosterone in this house!  A few of you have asked me to post my reviews on my blog so here goes....

Mage In Black by Jaye Wells was really good.  It is the second book in the Sabina Kane series.  The first book is Red Headed Stepchild and that was also an awesome book.  Short version, Sabina is half Mage (magical person) and half Vampire.  She is a total bad ass with a hidden heart of gold.  Well at least she is discovering that she has a heart.  Her Grandmother is the big wig of the Vampires and hates Sabina. She still raises her because Sabina's parents died but she raises her to hate the Mage race even though she is half Mage.  However, Sabina finds out that she has a identical twin sister that was raised by the Mage's in NYC where she flee's to after defying her Grandmother and the Vampires that raised her.  There is lots of humor with Sabina's familiar (pet) demon Gigul.  I was laughing so much my husband got upset because he was trying to sleep.   In this series there is some rough language and sex but I am old enough to deal because it is not excessive.  I was up late reading because I could not put this book down and I'm eagerly waiting for the third book Green Eyed Demon.  I highly recommend these books for those of you who love Vampires, Faries, Werewolves, Demons and Magic. Congrats to Jaye Wells for amazing writing and a wonderful sense of humor that was extremely entertaining!


Red-Headed Stepchild (Sabina Kane, #1)The Mage in Black (Sabina Kane, #2)Green Eyed Demon (Sabina Kane, #3)

No comments:

Post a Comment