Wednesday, May 26, 2010

I sure could use my daddy right now!

Sorry I have been neglecting my bloggers lately but this whole teenage drama is kicking my ass!  Right now I could use my dad.  He would know what to do and would make me laugh also.  My daddy Steve was such a good dad.  I remember a time when I was pregnant with Cody and had just come back from Missouri on Easter Sunday 1994.  I went straight to my room and could not stop crying.  I was pregnant and alone and scared out of my mind.  So my dad walks in with a little pink bunny and a little blue bunny and gives them to me.  He wanted me to know that no matter what happened that he was going to take care of me and the baby.  Remember he was my step dad but he was really my dad.  I miss his cents of humor how he always made me laugh.  I know he would be proud of me and the way I am handling my boys.  


This is my Daddy at Cody's birthday party only two weeks before he passed.  I heard a poem on FB that says "I wish they had a phone in heaven so I could call you and tell you how much I miss you.  Hear you tell me everything is going to be alright and that you are happy also.  I wish heaven did have a phone so I could let you know how much you are missed and how over the years I have made decisions based on what I think would have made you happy.  Dad I wish they had that phone so I could hear your voice one more time and tell you how sorry I am for putting you through these horrible teenage years.  And also to let you know that curse you and mom placed on us really worked!  My kids are just like me, maybe worse!

Austin is once again grounded phone taken away and I will be dropping him off at school.  This morning he tried to leave for school at 7 am and school does not start till 9am.  He walks to school it is a ten minute walk on a slow day.  What the hell is he doing for two hours before school.  Well I decided to be nice and let him go at quarter till eight.  He threw a fit and tried to argue with me about how they do nothing up there.  I said well if you do nothing then not a big deal then.  So I go snuggle back in my warm bed and two seconds latter I hear our front door slam and he left.  Now...... I'm PISSED!!!  I call Andrew and told him he better be home to save that boys ass after school because he is being stripped of any luxury afforded in his live right now such as cell phone, friends, and video games.  Oh and I will now be driving him to school and dropping him off at ten minutes before the bell rings.  I think that was his worst.  I pray my dad is watching over my boys but for some reason I think he is just laughing at me saying "what goes around comes around".  I can see him enjoying these teenage years I'm living through.  Gosh I miss you dad!

No comments:

Post a Comment