Thursday, May 13, 2010

Prom or No Prom

PROM?  But your boys are only in the 9th grade?  Yes, I am fully aware of this; however, Cody goes to a small school so in order for the Seniors to have a normal Prom experience they invite the entire high school and call it the Spring Formal for the other students.  Awe how cute you say Cody is going to his first real dance:-)  Please not a chance!!!  See when the subject of the Spring formal first came up (basically I saw the flyer) I asked Cody if he was gonna go and if he was taken his then girlfriend Maria?  No way was the response I got.  Then we later had a discussion about what was expected of boys during the prom. No not what WE did after prom the subject was boys buy the tickets, rent a tux and pay for dinner.  Now remember Cody has Asperger's Syndrome so he is very by the book. So when his girlfriend said she wanted to go the dance Cody asked her about her dress.  Well his girlfriend said "No way am I wearing a dress" so Cody refused to take her.  I know, I told him she could wear what she wanted but I understand his thinking, the tradition is girls wear a dress boys tuxes so he was completely thrown for a loop.  Well after all the back and forth about who should wear what and if they should go Cody broke up with Maria.  So it was settled they were not going.  So imagine my surprise when Cody asked for $100 last night to buy two tickets to the Spring Formal this Friday!!!  WHAT!  I know I'm right there with you, how can I get a tux, what color is her dress, is she wearing a dress or pants?  How are you gonna get there and home and WHY are you telling me this NOW?  Well all it took was a call to Maria's mom to get things straight.  One little call to put my mind at ease.  See she also had no clue that Maria and Cody had decided to go together.  She did buy Maria a dress but the plan was for her to go with her girlfriend.  She even already had bought the tickets!  Well why did Cody think he was taking Maria?  I'm not really sure but for some reason Maria wanted her mom to think she was going with her girlfriend.  I can't seem to get a straight story from Cody who swears that him and Maria had plans to go together and he had no clue she already had her ticket.  So final decision is HE IS NOT GOING!!  Ya know I'm really excited for his first real dance but telling me three days before the dance and with a screwed up story about who is going with who; well I'm not buying so I told him maybe next year.  He smiled and said "Yea, maybe next year you can hire someone to go with me".  Fortunately for him I was done for the night and was not gonna address that statement!  

No comments:

Post a Comment