Sunday, December 12, 2010

Christmas tree from Hell!

I was so excited about Christmas this year; that is until I got the Christmas tree from Hell!  First and most importantly all the kids were so excited to decorate this big tree.  However, after each of them putting about 5-7 ornaments on the tree they took off.  I was left to finish it.  Oh and what an amazing job I did.  So when all was done I proudly head off to bed satisfied with my work.  Then all of a sudden there is a very loud CRASH!  Yep, the tree in all it's glory fell onto the wood floors and about 75% of all my ornaments shattered!  


So after many tears, new ornaments, fishing line and new holes in my walls to anchor the tree it was all done again.  Took me 2 days to get that thing back up to my standards.  Being Jewish and all it really shouldn't matter but if you know anything about Jewish Princesses then you know it's nothing but the best!  So after about 4 days of Christmas tree bliss (I even got the holes filled in with extra branches) I went to plug it in last night and guess what???  That's right the flipping lights shorted out!  Now we have to go buy more lights and replace that strand that has shorted out.  Not a problem you think well I am the crazy lady that wraps the light around the trunk and push them back all through the tree.  So getting a new strand on with the ornaments and tinsel in place already is going to be tough.  



Well needless to say I can't wait to throw this tree to the curb and next year I may buy a fake tree!  Probably not because by then I will forget the tree from Hell:(

1 comment:

  1. Sandy, this is one of the funniest stories I've ever read about Xmas. You need to write up and share more of your experiences.
    Give you know who a big hug for me.

    Jerry

    ReplyDelete